Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill‘s comedy 21 Jump Street took the top spot at the box office, raking in $35 million in its opening weekend.
Second place went to Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, which held the top spot for the last two weeks. The animated movie, featuring the voices of Taylor Swift and Zac Efron, took in $25 million this weekend.
Taylor Kitsch‘s John Carter came in third place, bringing in $14.2 million. Project X came in fourth with $4.4 million, and 5th place went to Eddie Murphy‘s A Thousand Words, which brought in $3.9 million.
- Weekend Box Office – 21 JUMP STREET Nabs $35 Million Opening (collider.com)
- Friday Box Office – 21 JUMP STREET Shoots to the Head of the Class (collider.com)
- Box Office Roundup: 21 Jump Street Takes the Crown (screencrave.com)
- ’21 Jump Street’ Ends ‘The Lorax’s’ Run At The Top Of The Box Office (news.moviefone.com)
- ’21 Jump Street’ Leaps To No. 1 With $35M Debut (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- New Releases: ’21 Jump Street,’ ‘Casa De Mi Padre,’ ‘Jeff, Who Lives At Home’ (news.moviefone.com)