Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax took the top spot at the box office this weekend, grossing $70.7 million.
The animated adaptation of the classic book premiered Friday and features the voices of Danny DeVito, Zac Efron, Taylor Swift, and Ed Helms, among others!
Coming in second was Project X, a comedy about high school seniors who throw a party that gets out of control. The movie also premiered this weekend and grossed $20.7 million.
Last week’s topper, Act of Valor, came in third place, , followed by Safe House, then Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds.
- ‘The Lorax’ Brings In $70.7 Million At Box Office (news.moviefone.com)
- ‘Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax': Biggest Opening Weekend Since ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1′ (celebs.gather.com)
- Dr. Seuss sizzles at Friday box office (variety.com)
- Weekend Box Office Wrap Up: March 4th, 2012 (screenrant.com)
- Movie Goers Love “The Lorax” (miami.cbslocal.com)