Davy Jones has passed away at the age of 66.
A rep for the singer confirmed to TMZ that the singer died from a heart attack on Wednesday (February 29) in Martin County, Florida.
Davy and his fellow Monkees, Micky Dolenz, Mike Nesmith, and Peter Tork, had a series of hits including “Last Train to Clarksville,” “I’m a Believer,” and “Daydream Believer” and were featured in a TV show called The Monkees.
Davy last performed onstage on February 19 in Oklahoma.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Davy‘s family and friends during this difficult time.
- Davy Jones Dead — Monkees Singer Dies at 66 From Heart Attack (tmz.com)
- TMZ: Monkees’ Davy Jones is dead from heart attack (fox13now.com)
- The Monkees star, Davy Jones, has died at 66 (sugarslam.com)
- Davy Jones dies at 66 (music-mix.ew.com)
- “Monkees” Lead Singer Davy Jones Dead In Florida (miami.cbslocal.com)
- Monkees Singer Davy Jones Dead At Age 66 (rightcelebrity.com)