from wikiHow – The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Summer camp is a great place for making new friends and finding people to hang out with. Even, if you do have friends, just consider it an opportunity to find new people and maybe start up on one of those summer romances.
- Clothes: You are going to be in the wilderness, but you still want to look good. Don’t pack in a cute little suitcase, as you might go for long wilderness hikes during the week and counselors may want you to bring a backpack to carry a water bottle, lunch etc. For pants, pack trendy but comfortable outfits-some suggestions are Lululemon capris and/or shorts, at least one pair of skinny jeans, and some cute, slightly over-sized graphic t-shirts. This is summer, so get in the mentality of bright colors and infuse your own personal style into the mix.
- Shoes: Try a comfy pair of flats. Dressing in a cool way is great, but if you dress like you are heading to the school dance, the you will pay the consequence of being uncomfortable. It depends on the weather in your area, but pack lightweight tops as well as t-shirts such as a cute plain colored tank top or spaghetti strap(Check with your camp first some camps do not allow tank tops). One last point: if your camp has a lake, river, or pool, where campers frequently go swimming, you’ll want to join in, so bring a couple of durable bathing suits.
- Hygiene: People will avoid you if your breath stinks. Make sure you bring all the necessary products: a comb, shampoo, conditioner, detangler, mouthwash, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. You will probably get dirtier at camp than you do at home. Take as many showers as allowed without being excessive. Staying clean and cute is awesome, but OCD never made anyone popular. Gum or chewing gum could help your breath for a short while…but some camps don’t allow gum or mints. Before a social event you can take a quick few minutes in the dorm to brush your hair and teeth and apply deodorant.
- Personality: Go up to people and introduce yourself. Don’t laugh too hard or talk too loud just to appear confident. You’ll seem insecure and fake. Start conversations. Ask people to go get ice cream with you or to go to the pool. Make your social group as large as possible. It depends what type of friends you want, but aim to be interesting. If you act like a scene kid, then make friends with normal people and emos or goths too. At camp there are normally at least a hundred kids, and there will be all different types to get acquainted with – endless possibilities.
- Social Life: People will only want to hang out with you if you’re both interested AND interesting. Ask questions and be prepared to answer ‘em, too. Music is a great way to bring people together. Be upbeat, and if you are naturally shy, take your time but don’t push people away. (You might not get much sleep after staying up and playing Truth Or Dare with cabin mates. If missing a couple hours sleep makes you grumpy or overly tired, try caffeine or simply going to bed a little earlier.)
- Be Creative: If there is nothing to do, then think of something! Make people think of you as the one to come for to have fun. All around camp there are things to do, and you will be highly respected if you can take the tiniest things and turn them into a blast for all.
- Trend-Setting & Following: Don’t be exactly one and the same as everyone else. If you plan to overthrow a popular girl, don’t act exactly like her. People will think of you as fake and desperate. Instead, try to quietly get above her by simply being better. If she is completely happy and preppy, make her sound a little stupid by simply being calm, cool, collected, and even a little bored-seeming. If she dresses all in pink, dress emo or scene. If that girl has a close-knit group of “exclusive” friends, be the same, but include different types in that group. Don’t be a sheep for the sake of popularity, as it won’t work, and you will be stuck being someone you hate. Remember that the social groups of camp are a bit different than in school, so even though there is a popular group, chances are it won’t be quite what you’re used to.
- Swimsuits: Pick a cute yet modest swimsuit; don’t pick a teeny tiny “revealing” swimsuit; a one-piece or tankini is better. At some camps you may need more than one swimsuit, so bring an extra while your first one is dirty. Some camps also require certain colors of bathing suits so check the camp uniform rules.
- Invite kids over to your dorm for games, hang out, food, etc. Don’t actually say “Want to go to my cabin to talk and play games, and maybe eat?” because that sounds dorky. Just talk for a while on the doorstep then go inside to chat.
- It never hurts to go above and beyond the coolness already established at your camp. If exercising is in, take a public jog every morning. If people respect daredevils, fall flat on your stomach/back off the diving board. But don’t do anything too stupid like a skinny dip. If it is “in” to act preppy and cute, then do it if you want to. But if you want to be emo instead, try reading the manuals on “how to be scene” for fashion and act calm and collected instead of giggly and happy.
- If you are taking a bus, than bring some card games or other multiplayer activities. Chances are that unless they came with a friend, they are probably as bored as you are. You might be able to make friends before you even leave to bus!
- Don’t become a brat because you’re popular.
- Have fun and enjoy summer camp!!
- One of the easiest times to make new friends is at on the bus. Talk to a few girls before the bus leaves then once you board the bus ask her to sit next to you. You’ll know if she really likes you if she’s excited you asked and asks you to sit with her on the ride home.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Become Popular in Summer Camp. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
Same sample as Fat Joe “All I Need”. This new Freddie Gibbs/Madlib joint was dope. Madlib got some crazy production on there.
Frank Ocean keeps it simple on the cover of his Def Jam debut Channel Orange, the follow-up to his acclaimed mixtape Nostalgia, Ultra. Due July 17, the 17-track album features André 3000 (“Pink Matter”), Earl Sweatshirt (“Super Rich Kids”), and John Mayer (“White”). See the tracklisting below.
Channel Orange Tracklisting
2. “Thinkin’ Bout You”
4. “Sierra Leone”
5. “Sweet Life”
6. “Not Just Money”
7. “Super Rich Kids” feat. Earl Sweatshirt
8. “Pilot Jones”
9. “Crack Rock”
12. “White” feat. John Mayer
14. “Bad Religion”
15. “Pink Matter” feat. André 3000
16. “Forrest Gump”
via Rap-Up.com || Frank Ocean Unveils ‘Channel Orange’ Album Cover and Tracklisting.
“Thinking of a master plan/Cause ain’t nothing but sweat inside my hand/So I dig into my pocket, all my money spent/So I dig deeper but still coming with lint/Thinking how I could get some dead presidents/I need money, I used to be a stick-up kid/So I think of all the devious things I did”.
Day 16 of 30 Breakbeats In 30 Days is “Ashley’s Roachclip” by Chuck Brown’s group The Soul Searchers.
It’s taken from their 1974 album titled Salt Of The Earth on Sussex Records. Best sampled drum breaks of all time. Chuck Brown Rest In Peace.
“Ashley’s Roachclip” was sampled by a dozen of artists including Eric B. & Rakim, Milli Vanilli, Lloyd, Ice Cube, Geto Boys and others.
If you wanna know the information about the sampled break, check out the WhoSampled, The-Breaks, Wikipedia, and Sample Happy.
Yo what happened to peace? Peace! Chuck Brown Rest In Peace.
from wikiHow – The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Are you going to summer camp, but want to bring your iPod or Mp3 player? Read this article to learn how to sneak it in and use it without being caught!
- Find a safe place to put your iPod/Mp3. Find a pocket in your jeans, bookbag, jacket, etc. to hide it in. Make sure it doesn’t bulge out or you could be caught. While you’re traveling, check that it does not fall out or start playing any music.
- Find ways to hide your iPod/Mp3.
- Put it in the pocket of your jacket/jeans/etc.
- Slide the earphone up your shirt so the wires are hidden.
- If your hair is long enough, wear it down to hide the color of the earphones.
- Keep the noise level low. Make sure that it’s low enough that no one else can hear it. You should also adjust the brightness level of the screen so no one else can see it.
- Be prepared to be caught.
- Have a reason for why you brought it. You can also offer to let everyone listen to it, which sometimes works.
- Know your rights if they take it. Without parental permission, this can be charged as a robbery – tell them so and politely but firmly require that you be able to keep it (without using it) until your parents give them permission to take it.
- Recognize who you can trust with your secret. Don’t use your iPod/Mp3 player around people who you think might tattle on you; only use it in front of kids you know for sure won’t tell on you.
- Listen to it at night. Before night comes, put your iPod/Mp3 player in a bag next to your bed, where you can easily reach it. When everyone else has fallen asleep, you can grab it and listen to it. However, keep in mind that it is possible that you’ll be caught; follow all of the precautions above.
- Be careful!
- Put it in a place where it can’t been found or stolen.
- Turn off your iPod/Mp3 whenever you aren’t using it – if you leave it on you’ll lose battery life and it might be heard/seen by someone else.
- Consider carefully – not only might you be caught, your iPod/Mp3 player could get lost or stolen.
- Consider putting a piece of tape on it and writing your name on the tape in case it gets lost/stolen.
- Keep the music volume low!
- Read How to Be Sneaky for more tips.
- Only tell your secret to people you’re sure won’t tell on you.
- Your iPod/Mp3 player might be stolen or lost.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Sneak an iPod or Mp3 Player Into Summer Camp. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
Throwback Of The Day is “Love” by Musiq Soulchild. It’s taken from his 2000 debut album titled Aijuswanaseing. I love this track. One of my favorite R&B jams of all time. R&B music is the stuff that I listen to like India Arie, and others.
During Spring Break, I went on to YouTube to watch some freestyles and then I watch a female rapper named Lenox who is from Atlanta, Georgia. She released her debut mixtape titled Instant Grits on March 29, 2012. I listen to it on DatPiff. It was dope and amazing. Lenox got some great rhyming skills, nice flow, and brilliant voice. I co-sign her on Twitter and stuff. She’s my favorite rapper of this year. Instant Grits is the best mixtape of 2012 so far. She rapped over some of my favorite tracks from Nas to Jay-Z.
Download The Mixtape: Lenox – Instant Grits
My favorite tracks from Instant Grits is “Stay Schemin’ (Freestyle)”, “The Watcher 2012″, “Wish Tupac Was Back”, “PSA (Freestyle)”, “Spit Yo Game (Freestyle)”, and “B*tch I Be Ballin”. These tracks from the mixtape that may NSFW because of the explicit language.
Y’all better this sister.
Stalley released his new video titled “City of 30, 000 Wolves”. This track is off of his project Songs By Me EP. This video is brilliant.
Bonus: “Live at Blossom”
I support this brother man. This brother is amazing. Stalley is my favorite rapper of 2012.
The movie was originally to be released on DVD in last year but it didn’t happen. But the official film trailer of this movie is finally here. The movie is called Mac and Devin Goes To High School which starring Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, Andy Milonakis, Teairra Mari, Mike Epps and more. The DVD will be out on July 3rd. The trailer is NSFW because of the explicit language in this film. The soundtrack is in stores now on retailers and iTunes.
The remix of M.I.A.’s joint “Bad Girls” with Missy Elliott and Rye Rye is crazy. Missy Elliott has the best verse. I’m glad she’s back on the rap game. Best remix ever.